Monday, April 9, 2012

I need an estrogen injection! STAT!

OH MY GOSH, the testosterone in this house!! It drives me crazy sometimes. No, it drives me crazy most days! Boys just can't do things quietly, calmly or in a well-mannered way. They have to rip and roar, slam and snort, barrel and bowl their way through life. My two boys can't do anything without making a mess. They can't play anything without it ending up in a blood curdling, screaming, fist-flying, death-match. And they can't go anywhere unless they're dressed up in costume! lol Sad thing is they're only 6 and 3! I know it will get even more intense as the years go by. I used to think we'd be sitting at the table playing lego's and blocks and occasionally throwing a football. I was wrong! My days consist of refereeing fights, cleaning up god-awful smells, and listening to the non-stop action movie that is going on upstairs...all with 911 on speed dial! Where are my girls!!!?? I grew up in a family with all girls! Poor dad, I have a greater appreciation for him now! lol I mean, I'm not even what you'd call a "girlie" girl. I've always had boys for friends, but still... I need some good quality NON-testosterone time in my life. As I'm writing this I can feel my blood pressure rise as the decibel level rises here in the house. You see they've taken the pillows off the couches and are trying to jump off the couches and body-slam into each other (Oh, and Caleb is Optimus Prime and Levi is a Boxer).... then I stop and take a good, long look at them. They're boy... stinky, messy, loud, will crazy boys... but they're MY boys! And along with all of that crazy, wildness comes a passion and exuberance that is amazing!! If I can just last long enough to harness that and channel it into the right direction, this will be awesome! Gotta go.... someone's bleeding!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Amanda! When we were getting ready to leave your house on Sunday Caleb said to Levi "You be a pin and I'll be the bowling ball"... prime example! I grew up with all boys (until right before college) and used to think that I'd end up with a bunch of girls... cause that's how it goes... right! :)

    ReplyDelete