Monday, April 23, 2012

Not-so-firm foudation...

So, it's been 2+ years. Two and a half of the roughest years in my life. Lots of questioning and wondering. This move back home was definitely not the pretty picture I had thought it was going to be. I mean, I knew it'd be difficult and a lil messy and I knew we'd be living with family for a little bit while we got jobs and got settled. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to take 20 months for us to get our own place. Wow! Talk about a bad, reoccurring nightmare. But the thing that has come to upset me more is the internal struggle that has begun. I've always had a very strong Christian background and upbringing. It was always a firm foundation I thought my life was built upon. But in the last few years I've seen it begin to crack. I've seen it crack and chip away and now I'm beginning to see it crumble and fall apart. I don't know what's going to happen. This has always been my life. Has always been what I formed my thoughts and opinions on. What I lived by...day after day... now what? Who is this person if she doesn't believe all the things she was raised to believe? I just don't know what is Truth and what is just something someone else believed so I thought I'd believe it to. *sigh* Growing up sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment