Wednesday, September 30, 2009

So, I just needed to vent to someone out there. My 3 yr old is KICKING MY BUTT!!!! WOW.... it just seems like NOTHING I do or say it working. I really try not make every little thing a battle but lately it seems like HE is making every little thing a battle. It's either let him get away w/ telling me no or not doing what I've asked or fight it out. Everything from cleaning up toys, doing his chores, going potty, getting dressed, going to bed, playing nicely w/ his baby brother, etc... It just does not matter what I ask him to do, he wants to do his own thing. I try logic, I try to be gentle and calm and ask nicely, I try yelling (not that I SHOULD mind you), I try bribing, I try threatening, I try positive reinforcement, I try tricking him into it...it just does NOT work! What's going on!??!?!!! I'm really hoping that this is just a phase of his. That when he turns 4 it'll be better?? But what if it's a character trait that he's forming? I feel very inadequate and unequipped to handle this. Of course I'm praying but to be honest, most days it doesn't seem to help either! lol... I feel at a loss. He's SO darn cute and funny! Which is good b/c I need it to carry me through those rough times! Anyway, just needed to let somebody out there-who knows what I'm going through-know that I'm feeling very lost and in over my head!

1 comment:

  1. My friend, we have been going through the SAME thing. Some days I just break down into tears and want to pull my hair out!! My good friends all assure me it REALLY is a stage, a three year old stage. I am hoping so...it seems to be actually because as Sye gets closer to 4 he is really coming out of it most of the time. And I see his sweetness re-emerging. Have you read Playful parenting? It helped me a lot - but is certainly not a cure all...I think it is really built into them to come up with their own way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete